Drainage services in Charlotte and the surrounding area.
Drainage Services in Charlotte
Drainage issues are very common in and around the Charlotte area. Without proper drainage, your home and landscape can suffer greatly. Problems can arise immediately, but sometimes the results of improper drainage in Charlotte may not become apparent until years later. Water standing around your foundation can cause serious problems to your home and wet areas in your yard can cause significant landscape malnutrition resulting in loss of plants, trees, and turf. Furthermore, walking, sitting, driving, and playing on the land around your Charlotte home is enough reason to have proper drainage around your home.
For yard drainage services in Charlotte, call Hyatt Landscaping at (704) 888-5390 or contact us online.
Charlotte Yard and Landscape Drainage
For years our staff has worked closely with many builders, developers, and homeowners resulting in an enormous amount of knowledge and experience in this area. Along with our highly trained, highly qualified staff, we work with state-of-the-art equipment to make sure our solutions are based on accurate measurements. With the increase in technology, the needs of your property become clear when laser transit levels are used to determine elevation changes of slopes, swales, and other important surfaces.
Solutions to Drainage Problems
Although improper draining is problematic, the experts at Hyatt Landscaping have a range of solutions for your drainage system, including:
- Proper grading – If surface drainage is possible, grading is often the most inexpensive and most effective solution for correcting an area with poor drainage.
- Catch basins – Catch basins are simply a reservoir for collecting surface drainage or runoff. Anytime your source of water is above ground, a catch basin can collect the water so that it can be piped away underground. Basins are used primarily when grading is either not possible or when it would create an undesired/unusable space.
- French drains – Often misused and certainly overused, French drains in the landscape are primarily needed to collect water that’s underground, seeping to the surface. They can also be very effective when placed along a foundation or crawl space to allow an escape for excessive moisture under and around the home. French drains use a combination of perforated pipe and gravel to capture the water, which can then be piped away.
- Sump pumps – Typically seen in basements and crawl spaces, sump pumps are sometimes the only way to remove unwanted water from a location. In a crawl space, when water drains to a low point, there has to be an even lower point outside if you’re going to be able to pipe the water away. If there’s not, you have to pump it “uphill” to get rid of it. Occasionally, we run into similar situations within the landscape where there’s nowhere for the water to go. For these situations, a sump pump is the only option.
Choose Hyatt Landscaping to solve your improper draining problem in Charlotte. Call (704) 888-5390 or contact us online! To learn more about our specialty drainage services, click here!
Causes of Improper Yard Drainage in Charlotte
When it comes to improper draining around your home, there could be several reasons it’s occurring. Such possibilities include:
- Improper grading – One of the most common mistakes contractors make is not providing enough change in elevation to allow for surface drainage. Proper grading goes hand-in-hand with drainage solutions.
- Settling – Sinkholes and settling create areas that don’t drain off. Settling itself can be a result of poor subsurface compaction, soil type, or buried debris/roots decomposing. Sometimes filling in a sinkhole without determining the problem will put you right back where you started.
- Constant water source – An area that has a constant source of water will continue to be an issue even if surface drainage is adequate. Underground springs are more common than most people realize, and when the water table is high, they can be very persistent in your yard, crawl space, and more. Your air conditioner’s condensation line is another common source of water, especially during the warmer months due to its continuous activity.
- Inadequate drain system – Some drain systems prove to be inadequate over time for many reasons. Sometimes they get stopped up, clogged, crushed, or buried. Other times the size, location or even type of system that was originally installed was not sufficient to handle the need.
- Fixed elevations – When working around structures, driveways, sidewalks, and roads, there are always limitations for where water can drain.
No matter what the cause of your improper draining in Charlotte is, we can help! Contact Hyatt Landscaping today!
Contact Us for Drainage Services in Charlotte
As a family-owned landscaping firm serving Charlotte and Mecklenburg County for over three decades, we take pride in offering our clients the best. Quality services, dependable workmanship, and reliable solutions that respect our client’s budget—these are a few of the key values that we offer with every service we perform. Whether you need drainage services or you’re looking for an NC Registered Landscape Contractor to help you understand what services you need, we’re always happy to help.
Contact Hyatt Landscaping online to find out more, or schedule drainage services online or check out our drainage gallery page!
Frequently Asked Questions About Charlotte Area Drainage Services
Can you make my drainage look nice?
Landscaping design and related fields are part of our work as well, so we know how to keep your new drains from being an eyesore. We may choose different options of aesthetics are a high priority, and if necessary, we can work to come up with a landscaping design that will obscure anything you find unpleasant to the eye.
Can you fix my old drains or do I need new ones?
Will good drainage keep my basement dry?
How much will it cost?
Will new drainage tear up my yard?
We try to minimize the damage to your yard to what is strictly necessary for your new drain lines, and the leave your yard in a state where it will recover quickly. If necessary, we can reseed turf and adjust landscaping for faster, more thorough recovery of your yard.
Is there any risk of hitting my utility lines?
Hyatt Landscaping Inc.
monday - friday: 8pm-5pm
schedule a consultation