If good fences make good neighbors, a living fence is even better. Privacy planting uses vegetation, such as evergreen hedges and shade trees, for a natural alternative to fences and walls. For those who want a little seclusion and serenity, Hyatt Landscaping can incorporate privacy plants near windows, around swimming pools, and throughout your property.
Some of our most popular privacy plants in Charlotte include Holly, Arborvitae, and Little Gem Magnolia. Depending on how much pruning and maintenance you want to take on, there’s an endless variety of privacy plantings to choose from.
Contact us today to discuss privacy plantings for homes in the Charlotte, NC area, including our landscape design and tree and shrub installation services!
Using Plants for Privacy & More
Privacy planting has many names, such as living screens or privacy hedges. Whether your goal is to improve your view or block others’, carefully selected and placed greenery can do the job while looking more attractive than a fence.
Our Charlotte landscape installers can add privacy plants for any or all of these potential purposes:
- Block views of your yard from the street
- Add comfortable privacy between you and neighbors
- Reduce noise from neighbors and street traffic
- Add privacy and wind protection to patios and outdoor dining
- Add shade trees for windows and outdoor seating areas
Choosing Privacy Plants in North Carolina
Hyatt Landscaping helps our clients find trees and shrubs with the right combination of evergreen foliage and density for privacy plantings in Charlotte. We’ll look at hardiness factors, irrigation needs, pruning schedules, and more to come up with a beautiful selection of screening hedges and trees for your home and yard.
Options to consider for Charlotte privacy plantings include:
- Dark green, coniferous trees such as cedar and arborvitae for a living fence with tall, mature height
- Holly shrubs in a variety of color tones for the classic pruned hedge look (varieties such as the Savannah Holly have softer leaves)
- Magnolia trees planted close together to form a flowering screen hedge
- Flowering bushes such as azalea, hydrangea, privet, jasmine, and camellia for dense privacy shrubs with color
Add Privacy Plantings in Charlotte with Hyatt Landscaping
For the best results now, and in the long term, you should always consult with a landscape designer in Charlotte about privacy plantings. We consider the mature height and width of your new trees and shrubs to ensure you enjoy evergreen privacy plants that thrive with low maintenance.
With more than 30 years experience, we are North Carolina registered and certified landscape professionals. Start with a consultation to choose the best privacy plantings for the Charlotte area and get them installed by the dedicated professionals at Hyatt Landscaping.
We serve the Charlotte, NC and the surrounding areas, from Huntersville to Matthews—and beyond. To request a consultation for privacy planting design and installation, please call 704-888-5390 or contact us online!