When most people think about landscaping design, they’re picturing the beautiful work of tree and shrub installation. All the hard work and creativity that gets poured into your landscape design pays off when you finally get to choose the specific types of trees and shrubs that will look best and thrive around your Charlotte home.
Hyatt Landscaping can help you choose the best trees and plants for your property, and our crews will see to an expert installation that sets everything up to bloom perfectly.
Contact us online or call today to make an appointment or schedule a consultation for tree and shrub installation in Charlotte, NC.
Types of Tree, Shrub & Hedge Plantings
The absolute last step in any design process is choosing the trees and shrubs. All plants have simply been visualized as having a certain form, texture, color and size. Choosing from the variety of trees and shrubs available in the local market can be exciting and exhausting at the same time.
We all have our favorite types of plants, such as ferns, ground covers, flowering bushes, evergreen shrubs, and the many native trees in Charlotte. For landscaping purposes, we can also categorize trees and shrubs by purpose:
- Privacy Plantings: Living fences created with tall hedges or trees to subtly obscure the view or create privacy.
- Shade Trees and Flowering Trees: These serve a specific purpose while adding visual intrigue and colorful surroundings to your outdoor space and views.
- Foundation Plantings: Evergreen plants hide a foundation or crawlspace and create a natural design that lasts year-round.
- Accent Plantings: Here’s your chance to choose your favorite trees and shrubs for variety, color, and pleasant surroundings throughout the yard.
Browse our gallery of trees and shrubs for examples and inspiration!
Considerations for Adding Trees and Shrubs
As a starting point, we typically look at plants that are native to North Carolina or known to thrive in our hardiness zone (7b or 8a).
Of course, what looks good and takes hold well on a property down the street might not have the same success on your lawn, against the backdrop of your home architecture. Hyatt Landscaping helps you pinpoint the best selections for trees and shrubs.
From Waxhaw to Myers Park to Davidson, we’ve planted trees and shrubs of all kinds to put the finishing touches on our landscaping designs across Charlotte. The main considerations include:
- Your local microclimate
- Soil pH and conditions
- Drainage and irrigation concerns
- Insect and pest issues
- Upkeep and manicuring needs
- Spacing and full-grown sizes
- Best times of year for planting a particular species
- Current availability of high-quality seedlings and young trees
Tree & Shrub Installation in Charlotte
At Hyatt Landscaping, our licensed and experienced installation team knows how to produce vibrant landscapes that reflect your personal tastes. Our goal is to find and plant the best trees and shrubs in Charlotte for your particular home, with immediate and lasting good looks.
Planting plans are designed so the intended shrubs will cover an area in 3 to 5 years. Poor plant selection, spacing, or installation can cause maintenance headaches down the road.
We provide landscaping services, including hardscapes, lighting, irrigation, grading, trees, and shrubs, in Charlotte, Waxhaw, Huntersville, Concord, Cornelius, Davidson, Matthews, and more.
Call us or contact us online to discuss landscape installation for trees, shrubs, hedges, and more in the Charlotte area.