Landscape Design & Sales Position
Hyatt Landscaping, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Landscape Sales Position. Much of what we do requires a strong understanding of grading and drainage in addition to the typical horticultural aspects of landscaping. The ideal candidate will have experience shooting elevations with topographical laser equipment and be able to use those readings to create custom solutions to existing grading / drainage problems. They must have a strong interest in horticulture and have knowledge of both installation procedures and available products for the following items:
- Shade trees, flowering trees, privacy / buffer plantings
- Woody ornamentals, perennials and annuals
- Drainage systems and grading techniques
- Paver patio and retaining wall construction
- Irrigation systems
- Landscape lighting
- Consult with prospective and existing customers to determine the extent of design services required.
- Accurately and efficiently obtain measurements and site information during Site Analysis once design proposal is accepted.
- Create unique and custom design solutions in a timely manner that focus on meeting the customer’s needs.
- Present design ideas to customer along with detailed cost breakdown for the installation (or portion of the installation that fits into their current budget).
- Revise the design and estimate as needed.
- Coordinate acceptance of contract and collection of deposit once project has been approved.
- Initiate proactive customer service and ensure customer satisfaction throughout project implementation, manage client expectations, and resolve customer complaints.
- Must be able to work independently and meet monthly sales goals.
- Positive attitude.
- Valid NC Driver’s License w/ clean driving record.
- Ability to work with people and communicate effectively.
- Ability to generate leads, estimate, and close sales profitably.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbally and written.
- Good knowledge of plant material and horticultural practices.
- Be well organized and detail oriented.
- Hand drawn designs are acceptable, though the ability to use (or willingness to learn) a landscape design software is preferred.
- Intermediate MS Outlook, Word, and Excel experience.
- 3-5 years’ experience in Landscape Design / Sales.
BENEFITS / DETAILS:
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Commission Pay
- Full-time Position
- Typically Mon-Fri / 7am – 5pm / 50-60 hours per week (evening / weekend appointments will be required on occasion)
Hyatt Landscaping Inc.
monday - friday: 8pm-5pm
schedule a consultation