Landscape Construction Foreman
Hyatt Landscaping, Inc. is currently accepting applications for a Landscape Construction Foreman position. The Landscape Construction Foreman is responsible for overseeing the work of a 3 to 5 member crew in order to assure the proper, efficient and timely completion of installation projects. They must maintain a high standard of quality in materials, workmanship and professionalism on the job. Much of what we do requires a strong understanding of grading and drainage in addition to the typical horticultural aspects of landscaping. The ideal candidate will have experience shooting elevations with topographical laser equipment and be able to use those readings to implement custom solutions to existing grading / drainage problems. They must have a strong interest in horticulture and have knowledge of both installation procedures and available products for the following items:
- Shade trees, flowering trees, privacy / buffer plantings
- Woody ornamentals, perennials and annuals
- Drainage systems and grading techniques
- Paver patio and retaining wall construction
- Irrigation systems
- Landscape lighting
- Coordinate daily loading for 3-5 member installation crew based on scheduled tasks.
- Drive truck and trailer to job; safely transporting crew, equipment and supplies needed for project.
- Supervise by leading and working with the crew on all jobs from start to finish.
- Ensure quality, safety and efficiency for your crew at all times.
- Read and comprehend landscape plans to accurately lay out plant beds, turf areas and hardscape elements.
- Coordinate with management, customers and employees as needed to ensure proper communication during construction.
- Use landscaping tools and operate heavy equipment as needed for fine grading, trenching and material relocation.
- Supervise and assist in installation the following:
- Hardscapes projects such as pavers, retaining walls, patios, etc.
- Irrigation, outdoor lighting, and drainage systems.
- Bed preparation, plantings, mulch, pine-needle, sod, etc.
- Properly maintain assigned vehicle and equipment.
- Fill out daily paperwork required for each job.
- Positive attitude
- Valid NC Driver’s License w/ clean driving record
- Good knowledge of plant material and horticultural practices
- Be well organized and detail oriented
- Ability to work with people and communicate effectively
- Superb attendance and tardiness record
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to oversee hardscape projects (masonry, pavers, retaining walls, patios, etc.) adequately and in a timely fashion
- Ability to load and unload equipment on to trucks
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. on routine basis, work outside in all weather conditions and around other environmental risks
- 2+ years of Landscape Installation Supervisor experience
- Bilingual Preferred, but not required
- Health Insurance
- Retirement Plan w/ Company Match
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Bonus Pay
- Overtime Pay
- Year-Round Work
- Working hours are generally 5 days a week, Monday through Friday from 7:00am until 5:00pm
- The average weekly time investment is 45-55 hours per week.
Hyatt Landscaping Inc.
monday - friday: 8pm-5pm
schedule a consultation