Spring brings beautiful weather, warm sunshine – and brown lawns. Once the snow has melted, many lawns are left dull, brown and uninspiring. It can seem like your lawn will never get that green luster of last year. Luckily, that isn’t true. Your lawn can look even better than years past with the right landscaper in Charlotte.
If you want to try your hand at restoring your lawn before calling a professional, follow these tips:
- Clean up your yard: A good rake and some leaf bags can do wonders to make your lawn look better. Get rid of debris and leaves from your yard to clean it up and prepare it for seeding and fertilizing.
- Seeding: Once you’ve finished raking and getting rid of debris, you will probably notice brown patches across the yard. This is from all of the wet, heavy snow, ice, and salt that piles up through the winter. You’ll need to purchase seed products from your local home improvement store or garden center. If you’re not sure which type to buy, the store representatives can usually help you decide.
- Fertilize: Your seeds will grow faster and stronger if you fertilize them with quality fertilizer. Again, you can purchase this from your local garden center or home improvement store.
- Know your climate: It’s important that you understand the type of climate and zone you live in. For example, states like New York and Colorado have a much different climate than California or Florida. Seeds, fertilizer, and other lawn products can vary depending on climate conditions, soil and other factors.
- Get rid of pests: Grubs, insects, and small animals can wreak havoc any lawn. If you discover you have pests that are ruining your lawn, get rid of them as quickly as possible. There are several products, traps, etc. you can purchase to accomplish this.
- Plan your design: If you want a beautiful yard with gardens, fountains or other amenities, plan it on paper first. Even a rough sketch can give you the visual you need to create the perfect landscape for you.
- Hire a professional: If you have seeded, fertilized and gotten rid of your pests, and you’re still not satisfied with how your lawn looks, consider hiring a professional. Your Charlotte custom landscaping company can give you advice on how to create the perfect lawn and keep it all summer long. With proper design, installation and maintenance, your landscaping will have the professional look that will be the envy of your neighbors.
Choosing the right landscaper in Charlotte
Choosing the right landscaper for your needs will take some research. First, look at their portfolios online that showcase other projects they’ve done in the past. Most companies will give a free consultation and give you a plan on what they can do for you. This comes with a quote on how much it will cost, and what type of maintenance plan they can provide.
Hyatt Landscaping can take care of all of your landscaping needs. Visit the website today for more information.